Career Opportunities & Vacancies
We're often looking for staff with specific science expertise and an interest in infectious diseases and parasitology in relation to animal health. Keep an eye on this webpage for new vacancies, have a look at the AgResearch vacancies page, or email our human resources group for more information.
Opportunities occasionally arise for people with expertise at the following levels:
- Scientists - from Post Doctoral to Eminent Scientists
- PhD Students
We are interested in receiving expressions of interest for the areas of:
- Molecular Parasitology
- Parasitology Ecology
- Animal Health PhD students
To express your interest, please go to the AgResearch vacancies page and submit a Generic Application. Please include a brief outline of your work history and a CV.
- Enjoy new, purpose-built site with up to date laboratory equipment and working space
- Be part of a leading edge world-class facility in collaboration with a University of international reputation in veterinary practices and animal health
- Conduct science that has application and relevance and therefore importance to the pastoral sector
- Work collaboratively and interact across multi-disciplinary teams
- Assistance in developing your science capability
- Career development opportunities
- Competitive remuneration structure within the industry
- Flexible working hours and a commitment to being a good employer and ensuring a work/life balance
- Annual leave above the statutory minimum and generous sick leave
- Discounted health insurance
- Free flu vaccinations
- Open to employees taking part in community, sporting or cultural activities
- Funding for personal development and further education
- National and international relocation packages
- Be part of a larger science community within AgResearch and Australasia
- Practical assistance with finding schools, sporting events and a general introduction to the area
- Working in New Zealand
Science leaders from the AgResearch Animal Health team and academic staff from Massey University IVABS form the Hopkirk Management Committee reporting to the Hopkirk Director.
There are seven science groups in total - five operating under the AgResearch banner. Each group consists of world-class scientists and technicians.
Laboratory services are managed by a Laboratory Technical Manager who reports to the Director.
Professional and support services complete the team and offer business development, project management, administrative and accountancy expertise.